Thursday, November 5, 2009

Extension Activities

Have you checked out the News-2-You extension activities that are posted every week?  I feel that these are a hidden gem on some on the website.  In the past, they only posted activities once every few weeks, but lately they have been getting better about posting them weekly and right at the beginning of the week. 
Most of the activities are science labs, which is great for my class because we love to experiment! What I love about the science activites are the handouts that come with them.  My readers will read the hypothesis for the lab, and will then circle whether the hypothesis came true or not, make comments on the lab, etc.  My non-readers/writers will use eye gaze to look at a picture symbol for whether or not the hypothesis was true, and then will mark it using a bingo marker.  I urge you to check out these activities if you haven't yet; some of them are a lot of fun!

P.S. sorry for my absence lately, between school, lesson planning, and some commitees I'm on, I'm having trouble keeping up with my posts!  More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment